Monday, March 9, 2009

A friend of mine tipped me onto this neat little gadget at Polaroid Project. It's a digital picture manipulator that simulates Polaroid development. What I think is really cool about is how the photos seem to come out different every time, seemingly depending on how little or much you shake them (meaning their icon), though I will need further study to determine this. You also have the option of saving the picture at different points in the development process, so you can play around with color saturation and "aging." I played around with it using the same digital-photograph and got different results. Observe:

This one I shook:
This one I left alone:


These aren't the best examples, and I would suggest browsing Polaroid Project's Flicker group. Sometimes you get fingerprints (in different places), sometimes scratches, over-exposures, and I haven't quite figured out how it all works. Sure it's not as fun as a real Polaroid camera, but considering what Polaroid film is going for these days, it's certainly cheaper.

Audio Obsession: Neko Case- Christmas Card From a Hooker in Minneapolis

No comments:

Post a Comment